[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Atonement
- From: Erin Moore <ecmoore@UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:42:56 -0500
- Message-Id: <199801271033.CAA15686@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: University of Tennessee
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Along with invention we could perhaps try resurrection and revision.
Printer's devil is piquant. I like weasel, but that is the wrong craft.
Surely there must be an accurate but insulting name for printers (or
objects they use) out there? This could be fun...
charles alexander wrote:
> We could invent some.
> At 07:57 PM 1/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >I made the mistake of referring to "beancounters and headcounters" in a
> >public forum here.
> >I have now been asked to discover any similar depricatory terms for
> >I've been stalling them by saying that there is no such term, because
> >printers are universally respected and adored. They are not buying that.
> >Any help will be appreciated...at least by my boss and our comptroller.
> >Stephen Chant
> >University Graphics & Printing
> >University of Vermont