Re: Atonement

>At 07:57 PM 1/26/98 -0500, Stephen C. wrote:
>>I made the mistake of referring to "beancounters and headcounters" in a
>>public forum here.
>>I have now been asked to discover any similar depricatory terms for
>>printers.
>>I've been stalling them by saying that there is no such term, because
>>printers are universally respected and adored. They are not buying that.
>>Any help will be appreciated...at least by my boss and our comptroller.

Though it's actually a term for book collectors, I send it because it's
lonmg been one of my favorites:

>From John Carter's ABC for Book-Collectors:  POINT-MAINIACS
"These are the collectors who do not merely love POINTS but love them to
excess ... But just as extreme degrees of rarity or doctrinaire attitudes
towards condition have sometimes played havoc with the collector's sense of
proportion, so has the passion for points."

Also check out his definition for ISSUE-MONGERS as "...one of the worst
pests of the collecting world ..."

Susan Ravdin
Assistant
Special Collections