[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Sailcloth
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@MINSKY.COM>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:07:47 -0500
- Message-Id: <199801301755.JAA18892@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I used Dacron sailcloth to bind Buckminster Fuller's _Tetrascroll_. The
details are in: "Book of the Century" _Craft Horizons_, October 1977.
Adhering Dacron to anything is tricky, particularly to itself (for the
turn-ins). After experimenting with every adhesive then available (1976), I
had a pressure-sensitive adhesive applied to the roll of Dacron, backed with
silicon release paper.It worked perfectly, and over 20 years later they are
showing no signs of delaminating or decaying.