Re: Sailcloth in bookbindings

At 06:05 PM 1/30/98 EST, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used pelon or a similar fabric iron-on?

I took a look at pelon (from a fabric store) one time and as I recall, the
pH is quite low. I only had a pH pen to test with but I seem to remember a
very yellow color.  I use Seal Archival Mount from Light Impressions. It
works very well even with recalcitrant fabrics such as silk brocade. It is
a double-sided adhesive sheet which I sandwich between the fabric and my
usual Japanese backing paper.  It has the advantage of being a low
temperature adhesive and can be heated with an ordinary household iron,
though a heat press is better.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)