Re: adhesive backing

Dear Friends,

>Has anyone ever used pelon or a similar fabric iron-on? I think it is made of
>some kind of paper with adhesive backing, so perhaps would do the same good as
>backing fabric with paper and adhesive the conventional way.

I had students do this (use pelon) after I demonstrated backing with
Kozo and PVA, and I have to say, it worked beautifully. As to the
"archival" qualities, I couldn't tell you but the thing I especially
love about pelon is it's easy availability to those who don't have
access to traditional art supply stores. I still teach cloth backing
in a conventional manner, because it's useful and important to know,
but I though this was a great solution as well.

Mimi Schaer