[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Exhibition Online
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Exhibition Online
- From: Ron Yost <musik@TCSN.NET>
- Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:43:01 -0800
- Message-Id: <199801311844.KAA14534@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 09:59 AM 1/31/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Virginia Turnbull wrote:
>> I tried to pull up this site and got an error message.
>> Is the address correct?
>==========================================The server is very picky about html
>code. Try the following, it works.
A tip when using URL's ...
When your browser tells you it can't reach a page, it usually means
only the very LAST part of the URL is wrong. It should say something
like the page is not available on the server. That's good, because
at least you can reach the main server!
So ... starting from the right-end of the URL, delete the specific
page reference first ...
This will allow you to reach the 'bookarts' directory ...
from which the bookarts page will be reachable (assuming it hasn't
If that fails, try:
This method usually works, though it's more time-consuming than having
the correct URL in the first place! :)
Ron Yost, Paso Robles, Calif.