huh?

Please don't misunderstand this request, but...

When someone is responding to information specific on the list, might they
clip a bit of the original question/comment to clue the other subscribers in
on what they are responding to (something more than just the subject
reference)?  That would be so helpful for basic communication as well as for
the subscribers whose email host has been down or limping for a day or two and
for new subscribers.  Possibly the cryptic messages are sent to the whole list
instead of the intended single individual.?   Thanks.

Also, is anyone collecting all the great information exchanged on this list in
some sort of a FAQ database or some such?  I joined about four weeks ago and
know I missed most of the information regarding foxing and remedies.