Re: polyester resin

I don't know if this is related, but I met someone recently who has been
working in art restoration for 25 years or more, mostly with oil paintings.
He was also infected in this way, through the eyes, and, although the
effect was on the blood, one of the early major signs of the affliction
was, somehow due to the blood disorder, a blistering of the lens of the
eye. He had to have lens transplants on his eye. They were successful; but
still, please be careful about such things.

charles

At 11:19 AM 2/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I've heard that polyester resins makes you sick by entering your body through
>your EYEBALLS! So you should wear a full-face respirator when using this
>material. Also use plenty of ventilation in your work space.
>Take care!
>
>L. Black, imp.

charles alexander   ::   poet and book artist   ::   chax@theriver.com
chax press   ::   alexander writing/design/publishing
books by artists' hands   ::   web sites built with care and vision
http://personal.riverusers.com/~chax/   ::   http://alexwritdespub.com