[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ps & Qs and folk etymology
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Ps & Qs and folk etymology
- From: Jane Conneen <LFarmPress@AOL.COM>
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:17:11 EST
- Message-Id: <199802031719.JAA11302@lindy.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I guess we'll just have to agree that P&O versus P&E has reached an impass -
one authority versus another.
Too bad we can't get to the bottom of this "posh" etimology.