Re: NAACP seeks ban on Huck Finn classic

Here we go again! Why can't people let history be history and learn from
it? Nobody suggests that we ban all books on the holocaust because it was
an affront to Jews. They, in fact, want to keep it alive. It seems to me
that if the black population would do the same with the literature that
portrayed them in a negative, that it would force an examination of how
people treat other people and therefore instigate change (which I feel has
already happened, anyway).

Most people don't want censure, but if we start censuring history ---
think of what happened in Russia -- they rewrote history, which isn't
history at all, but a fantasy.

Fran Morris