Re: transfer to metal - clarification

Thanks to the comments made so far, I'll be using them for other projects.
Janet Maher's is the one most likely to solve my problem.

I confess that I don't want a plate for printmaking. What I'm doing is
making images that are etched into the metal, then further engraved,
hammered, punched and patinated as decorative metals for the covers of my
books. When I'm doing a photographed image, the screening comes through and
breaks up the detail in the image, and it doesn't transfer well once the
acid bites it into the metal.

Thanks again for the help.
Nicholas

Nicholas G. Yeager 51 Warren St.#2 NY, NY 10007 212.346.9609
artifex@pipeline.com