Re: Double edge razor blades

  I know some people use razor blades for their scharfix or Brockman
paring machines, but I think the minor investment for scharfix blades is
worth it if you have a scharfix (I do, have not used a Brockman so I
don't know whether it makes a difference in that case.)  The scharfix
blades are heavier than razor blades, and that makes a big difference in
the eveness of the cut as the leather gets thinner.  I suppose one could
use razor blades for courser sorts of cutting, but the proper blades are
not so expensive if bought in bulk, last a reasonable length of time,
and give value and quality for the money.
 Dorothy Africa