Re: heat-set tissue

Scott Kellar wrote:

> I am currently unable to find a source for heat-set tissue in sheets or
> rolls. Does anyone know where it can be procurred? Univ. Products, Gaylord,
> BookMakers no longer carry it, so disregard what the catalogs may say. Thank
> you.
>
> Scott Kellar
> Chicago
To scott et al,

If you go to a Fabric shop, there are quite a number of different brands
and applications for heatset tissue - as used in the garment industry
for various apps.
You might come across one which looks familiar and acts familiar as one
you might have purchased through one of our traditional sources.
That's how I found out it works quite well, especially if you have to
use a fine handwoven silk as i did the other day. On open, rough
structured fabrics, I use couloured wachs to color the tissue before
applying it, to create an background whichs blends nicely in.

regards,

charles mohr