[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arranging poems on pages???
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Arranging poems on pages???
- From: Gretchen Yancey <GYancey98@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:52:58 EST
- Message-Id: <199802202052.MAA11342@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In the bookarts class I took last semester, one of the students (she was a
professor actually, taking the class) wrote a poem for her mother as a gift.
She printed it on some very pretty paper, and then had it framed. The frame
was a box-like frame, that had the poem in three different parts. There was a
3-frame mat that separated it. It was very beautiful and impressive.
Also, I have been making handmade books for friends with poetry, inspirational
quotes, etc in them and have found a successful model: a small pocket-sized
book, with paper accordion folded inside. Then each page has a fold out
signature with a poem on the inside...
A little hard to explain without drawing it out for you. If you want to know
more details, feel free to ask...
PS - Finally, my first post!!!