Re: virus and homepage

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Louise Neaderland wrote:

> This virus will attach itself to your computer components
> and render them useless. Immediately delete any items that say this. AOL has
> said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is no remedy for it at
> this time."

Oh geez, not a new hoax!  Just when I thought the barage of "Good Times"
and "Join The Crew" had stopped, some moron comes up with a brand new
hoax.  This virus alert is pure BS, Microsoft doesn't announce virii, nor
does AOL.  If you check their sites you will see that I'm right.  PLEASE,
PLEASE DON'T FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE ELSE!!!  Could the original poster
please tell me who sent him this?  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
                   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www..netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
  "This has been the Canadian Broadcorping Castration." - heard on CBC Radio