Carl Schragg/etching press

Sent on from

Susanna Bergtold <bergtold@internexus.net>, please get in touch with
Susanna directly,

Thanks
Jim Wintner

Manhattan Graphics Center just acquired an old etching press that was
once used in William Hayter's studio.  It came to us from the estate of
Carl Schragg (Shragg?)  On the side it says M M Kelton; someone said it
was French, but that sounds like an English name to me.  The bed is
about 30" x 60", it looks very old.  Does anyone know anything about
this make of press?  We would love to learn more about its history.

http://colophon.com  Colophon Page
http://photoarts.com PhotoArts