Re: Methylcellulose

02.23.98

tom,

The unifying denominator of the two things about which your post is
concerned is that the methylcellulose found in papermaking catalogs and
cellulose wall paper paste are equally likely not to be methylcellulose,
since the term is widely abused by all who use it in ignorance of the
actual material so described, which can be any of several ethers of
cellulose, as, but not limited to propyl cellulose, sodium hydroxy propyl
cellulose, ethyl cellulose, and even several combinations of these, as
propyl-ethyl cellulose.

The bottom line is this:  if it works who cares, certainly not the folks
who shamefully sell the stuff unaware what it is that they are selling.

If it does matter, I would suggest that you deal with a reputable chemical
supplier, but not Dow because they hurt ladies by filling their boobs up
with, guess what?  Who knows????

And that, in the ageold words sof Ms Tomlin, is the truth.