Re: Methylcellulose

Methyl Cellulose should be measured in Cps- I personally like the Dow
Methocel J75MS-N Cold Water Dispersable Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
It mixes instantly. Unecessary to heat the water, the gel is very fine
and clear, and it doesn't leave the "sparklies" twinkling when the
paper has dried- if you are using to size the paper. The 75 in the J
grade means that it has a Cps of 75,000.  You can call Dow at 1-800
447- 4369 to get a free sample.  They also have a wonderful manual
that explains more than you ever wanted to know.

I haven't found a retailer for this paricular grade of methocel.
Perhaps someone one the list knows of a source?  Would any suppliers
on this list care to explore this.