Re: Etching hot plates

Robyn:

I have been doing etchings for almost twenty five years (copper plates) and
have been very happy with the electric plate warmer that I got in a department
store - kitchen-ware department. It is about 10" x 18" and has a textured
glass top - Pyrex, I guess - with a circular design marked on one end which is
for keeping the Pyrex coffee pot hot. That area is extra hot, but even the
regular heat would be enough to melt the hard ground.

After seeing some of the prices in the Printmaking supply catalogue, I was
delighted that my etching teacher had recommended such a simple and
inexpensive alternative!

Good luck, and "Happy Etching"

Jane Conneen