Re: Die-cuts or?

At 10:03 PM 2/26/98 -0600, David Kern wrote:
>Hello all,
>I would like to make a small run of mini albums and I'm in need of some
>advice. I'd like to cut some 1" diameter holes--circles and, if possible,
>ovals into a thin binders board covered by a layer of paper. I plan on
>gluing the paper to the board and then cutting--the thin edge of the
>board showing is fine by me. There must be some kind of tool for these
>small holes? I know there are mat cutters for larger ones. Can they do
>holes this small? Does anything do elliptical shapes? Or am I relegated
>to getting these die cut (expensive, I'm sure)? Thanks!

The dies for cutting such a circle on a hand-fed letterpress are quite
inexpensive. a simple circle 1" in diameter should cost you about $35-$40 to
obtain. You then could die cut these items on your own press.

If you don't have a press available, let me know and I could certainly do
the work for you. It's not really as expensive as you might think.

John G. Henry - Cedar Creek Press