Re: quotation marks in books?

> eg, if the same person is speaking on each line,
>
>     Would I put "cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc,"
>                 "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd,"
>                 "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
>
>                 "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff,"
>                 "gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg."
>
>        or maybe "cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc,
>                 "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd,
>                 "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
>
>                 "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff,
>                 "gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg."
>
>        or maybe "cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc,
>                 "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd,
>                 "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
>
>                 "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff,
>                 "gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg."
>
> I can't thank you enough for any help you can give me.

You'd do it like this:

Jeff said, "Boy I really love this weather we're having,
it makes me feel alive when the sun is out
and the wind is blowing
and the air is so fresh.  I really love it."

You only close quotes when the quoted text ends.  If it were a
conversation, it would go like this:

Jeff said, "Boy I really love this weather we're having,
it makes me feel alive."

"You always say that," Susan replied, "but you never go
outdoors."

Is that clear?

Good Luck,

Jennifer