Re: quotation marks in books?

At 09:54 PM 2/27/1998 -0800, you wrote:

Betsy, you START the quote with a quote mark and END it when the quote ends
with a quote mark, BUT if there are "paragraphs" or blank lines WITHIN the
quote, the next paragraph or line also begins with a quote mark, thus:

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>I deeply appreciate your excellent help!  If I could bother you with one
>more question, how do I put it when starting a new paragraph (or line
>with a blank line in between)?  Does the same rule apply?
>
>For some reason, I remember something about using a quote on the left
>side of each line but nothing on the right until the very end of the
>quote - but don't remember the exact rule and have no idea where to look.
>

>Thanks again!  Although the bookbinding is the fun part, I need to make
>sure that the content is also nice.
>
>Kindest regards,
>    Betsy

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

David Adams in Maryland