Re: Etching copper type

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:52:29 -0800 Michael Morin
> I always use liquid technical grade which is far cheaper than any
reagent grade >from a school lab supply.

Michael or anyone else on the list,
What is the difference? I bought some 42 Baume ferric chloride from an
Engraving supply house (cheap!) and have been wondering what grade this
may be and whether there should be any particular concerns with using
this to etch copper for photogravure. I'm asking about etching concers--I
already am familiar with the health and safety issues. BTW, I will be
using various dilutions to etch--I need to do trade with a friend for a
more saturated solution.

Thanks,
David

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]