[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- From: Leda Black <LMB@MATH.AMS.ORG>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:58:49 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <01IU9R3XSD5E00124K@AXP14.AMS.ORG>
- Message-Id: <199803041859.KAA19952@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I think you have to distinguish between a good artist's book and just an
artist's book. Quality is a different matter than simple definition. The
definition of an artist's book is: a book made by an artist. Now you can
distinguish between different kinds of artist's books, like: Finely printed,
xeroxed, with writing, without writing, etc.
All that "harmonious union of text and image etc." stuff is evaluation.
--L. Black, imp.