[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- From: R Starr <rstarr@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:04:52 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <01IU9RK5V0WY004HCE@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Message-Id: <199803041904.LAA15838@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
To regress (digress): what is an artist? Some time ago I think the list
dealt with the equally complex issue of what a book is. Is a book
something to be read. and, if so, how do we define "read"? Yhus, the
regress (digress) could be infinite.
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Leda Black wrote:
> ...definition of an artist's book is: a book made by an artist.