[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Definition--Artists Book
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Definition--Artists Book
- From: Ray Bliss Rich <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:23:17 -0500
- Message-Id: <199803041923.LAA10026@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Meditations on Paper
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
There's got to be cultures that are not so hung up on definitions... Were I
to feel the need to define, I'd qualify my statement, saying that "There is
no absolute definition, but to me an artist's book is..."
Or... if I had gotten some general consensus from a group of those who are
intimately involved with the thing, I'd say "The general consensus of those
intimately involved with... is..."
Guess that's what the original poster is looking for here... some sort of
consensus... or common elements... from the group...
Ray Bliss Rich, artist