[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)
- From: Janice Esther Westley Braun <jbraun@MILLS.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:12:12 -0800
- Message-Id: <199803042121.NAA21416@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have given this a great deal of consideration and I think that any
definition is problematic. I am only able to answer the question with more
What is a book?
What is art (and/or what is an artist)?
Perhaps for teaching purposes, it is best to show various examples that
fulfill the many definitions that you will no doubt receive from this
Special Collections Curator
F.W. Olin Library, Mills College