Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)

Ah, yes, another exercises of the blind men and the elephant... we all,
most probably, construct these definitions so that they either (1)
reflect our own practices or (2) exclude the practices we dislike.

However, here's mine...

An artist's book is an artwork which explores the nature of "bookness" by
the way it combines/exploits structual, visual, tactile and textual
elements (or perhaps structural and semantic elements) (or perhaps
syntactic and semantic elements) depending on your religious preference...
$:-)

                     _________
|  Kerman  |   (Mayapple Press(/(
   \ ?? /       http://www.cris.com/~Jkerman