Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)

My first post. Forgive my jumping in.

Michael Morin wrote:

> Why is the sky blue.  That's easy.  If it were brown it would be too
> depressing.  It's true.  Until Bethlehem Steel closed down the sky in
> Buffalo was always brown!  We already had brown water and purple-green dirt
> (Trucked in special from Niagara Falls)  Ever since EPA and putting a brick
> in my toilet, everything has been blue sky and sunshine.  Blue sky is just
> good design, and we all know that when we see it, right?

So happy + sunshine = good design? I don't think that's what you meant.
Depending on the mood one was trying to establish, brown water,
purple-green dirt and brown sky might -- in fact -- be the perfect
design for the purpose.

'Course, now we're back to collies and breed standards, aren't we?

Regards,

Linda

--

A u t h o r  &  J o u r n a l i s t    <http://www.smartypants.net>