Re: Bookin' into Books

Well Daria, here is my .$.02 worth.  I appreciate your skepticism, and to a
certain extent I share it. Still.............

As a book lover and bookseller, I use computers all the time. The thing about
it is, you should not view these machines as a replacement for the printed
book [a common and understandable misconception fostered on us by computer
nerds and unimaginative computer zealots and fanatics], but as another media
format, like the paperback version of the hardcover edition, or the CD version
of the LP or Cassette Tape.

The new multimedia formats now being developed for personal computers will
allow full screen video, text, graphics, and multilingual hi fi audio to be
combined into these presentations. We will see these 'books' over the internet
in a few years, as speeds improve, and it will allow many people to see and
appreciate  important books, artist books as well,  that they would never be
able to purchase. All that being as it may, I have a personal collection of
more than 20,000 fine books that I love to handle, read and enjoy.

There is a place for these computerized books in our lives, and they will be
great tools.
Of course, a fool with a tool is still a fool.

Art Rubino
Numismatic & Philatelic Arts of Santa Fe
Antiquarian Book Sellers
P.O. Box 9712
Santa Fe, NM 87504  USA
Phone  505 982 8792
Fax      505 982 0291
Email  Art_Rubino@msn.com

We are always interested in buying fine Numismatic & Philatelic books.