Re: Definition of the Artists Book (YES, again)

 I don't know why I am doing this.  Just noticed the crowd and wandered
over, I guess.

 I am not an artist (which doesn't mean I can't be artistic upon
occasion, I suppose).  My 2 cents on the topic would be that an artists
book (where ever one chooses to place the apostrophe)is a comment by an
individual on any aspect of the common (i.e. public) view of a book,
where as a bookbinder like myself who thinks in terms of craft prefers
to work within that public perception of a book.  Public here does not
mean current public opinion, but the historical evolution of books as a
familar part of daily life from clay tablets and bark to the modern
paperback.

  I feel like a terrorist tossing a bomb into a crowd.  I'm gonna run.

 Dorothy