urinal and duchamp

In regard to the whole urinal thing...isn't the comment being made by
Duchamp putting his name on a urinal and putting it in an exhibit a
combination of:

1. I'm an artist and I say this is art so it is.
2. I'm an artist, but this is just a toilet, so if I say it's art, it is.
3. I'm an artist, but this is just a toilet, so if I say it's art, is it?
4. I'm an artist, but this is just a toilet, will you allow me to define it
as art for you simply because I say so?
5. This is a toilet, make up your own mind. But at least I got you to think.

        and if this was the thought process, and he was the first to do
such a thing--he was a genius (at least I think so)...then it is art...at
least to me...because it's more than just the urninal..it is the entire
process...at least in this case...and at the time in art history when this
occurred....Art can take on many forms.

In Duchamp's case, he himself, as an individual, was a work of art.

just my opinion,
jennifer