color photocopy transfer

I was wondering if anyone on the list has had some success with
transfering color photocopies onto other paper (mohawk, arches etc...).
I am teaching a book arts class and transfering images into books is a
way we are getting images into books if you are not versed with using a
press (tradational printmaking techniques). My students are looking for
simple ways  to add image and text to paper. We have had great success
with black and white transfer, but color...? Has anyone tried using the
iron on type transfer papers you run through the lazer or photocopier?
Thanks in advance
Denise Carbone