Re: Artists book

>The definition of what a book is is simple:
>A book consists of a number of peice of paper sewn together, and bound
>with a cover.
>That, my friends is a book.

Well, here is where it's likely to get more rancorous, or, at least, I find
this definition wants to establish a kind of statute, which I don't think
is needed. Just as a poem today is not quite what it was 500 years ago (or
not necessarily), and 'art' in general has expanded to include what artists
have made -- even grammar has had its changes, and linguists like to speak
of "descriptive" linguistics rather than "prescriptive" linguistics; I
would hope that "book" could adapt its definition over time to take in more
than what conforms to what this post suggests.

charles