Nomenclature

For those who have joined the list since August, 1994, I refer to my
introduction to the catalog of the exhibition I curated in 1990, "Book Arts
in the USA", in which I establish a nomenclature for differentiaton of
various book arts fields, including "artists' books." Peter Verheyen posted
the entire text of this to the list on August 31, 1994, and it can be found
in the Book_Arts-l archive at: