[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Book Protection Supplies?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Book Protection Supplies?
- From: Cathy Atwood <catwood@MAIL.SOS.STATE.MO.US>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:51:35 -0600
- Message-Id: <199803092057.MAA16206@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 08:38 AM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>From where can I mail order rolls of that stiff clear plastic
>(mylar? acetate?) that antiquarian book stores cover their
>nicer books with?
Someone has already mentioned rolls of polyester for covering books. You'd
want to get polyester that is Mylar Type D, Melinex 516, or equivalent.
This polyester is available in different weights, and 2 or 3 mil might be
If your main use is to cover dust jackets, you might want "book jacket
covers" instead of roll polyester. Good quality book jacket covers would
also be made of polyester (the types mentioned above) and would be 1 or 1.5
mil thick. In terms of design, I prefer covers without tape tabs (or cut
the tabs off) and without paper liners.
P.O. Box 4901
Syracuse, NY 13221-4901
517 Main Street
P.O. Box 101
Holyoke, MA 01041-0101
P.O. Box 7488
Madison WI 53707-7488
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State