Re: Book Protection Supplies?

At 08:38 AM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>From where can I mail order rolls of that stiff clear plastic
>(mylar? acetate?) that antiquarian book stores cover their
>nicer books with?

Someone has already mentioned rolls of polyester for covering books.  You'd
want to get polyester that is Mylar Type D, Melinex 516, or equivalent.
This polyester is available in different weights, and 2 or 3 mil might be
suitable.

If your main use is to cover dust jackets, you might want "book jacket
covers" instead of roll polyester.  Good quality book jacket covers would
also be made of polyester (the types mentioned above) and would be 1 or 1.5
mil thick.  In terms of design, I prefer covers without tape tabs (or cut
the tabs off) and without paper liners.

Possible sources:
Gaylord Bros.
P.O. Box 4901
Syracuse, NY  13221-4901
1-800-634-6307
FAX 1-800-272-3412

University Products
517 Main Street
P.O. Box 101
Holyoke, MA 01041-0101
1-800-762-1165
FAX 1-800-532-9281

Demco
P.O. Box 7488
Madison WI 53707-7488
1-800-962-4463
FAX 1-800-245-1329

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State