Re: Making money as a vanity press?

How much would you charge for binding books in small quantities? All publishers have to make "galleys" to send to reviewers before the book is officially "published." The galleys are a small run of the book in a different binding, because certain reviewers insist on getting the book a few months before it is "published." This is a great pain in the neck to many small publishers because they don't have the equipment or know-how to do it themselves.

Micki Nellis

At 10:47 AM 3/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>How likely is it that I could make some money as a vanity press, taking

>people's manuscripts in electronic format, going to a layout program, to the

>printed page, to a hand-bound book? I'm not looking to make a living doing

>this, just having fun and making some spending money.

>Thanks for any help, pointers, or laments of sad experience.

>Todd Wallace

Buffalo Creek Press, PO Box 2424, Cleburne TX 76033

Orders 800-610-4908, Other 817-641-4908, FAX 817-641-0901

http://buffalo-creek-press.com

<italic>War, Central Planning and Corporations

Constitution: Fact or Fiction

Logan and the Duck Patrol</italic>