Re: book or sculpture

OK, my 2cents worth....If it doesn't have movement (i.e. open), it is not
really a "book".  If it doesn't unroll, it is not a scroll.  Etc.  A single
sheet or clay tablet, a stack of papers, etc.= not a book either.  Opening
may be in a variety of ways but it seems to me to be implicit in the word
"book".  An artist, crafter, printer, whoever makes it, it should have the
qualities of a book to be called a book.  All sorts of freedoms can be taken
from the original concept of book but it begins to adulterate the meaning.

This example, for me, would be a book look-alike.  It can't function as a
book therefore, not a book.  It sounds very interesting though and I would
probably call it an artistic creation looking like a book.

C. Stall