Re: ISBN numbers

At 17:59 09/03/98 EST, you wrote:
>If I wanted to find out what publisher has this number:
>
>9623593
>
>how would I go about doing it?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ed (Hutchins)

Go to any bookstore that will order books for you and uses CD rom or online
software to check availability/price etc. You might even be able to go to
Amazon on the web and input it into their search facilities. In either case,
if the number isn't long enough to denote an actual book (I think it's two
digits plus the check digit short), just add 00, 01, 02 etc until you get a
match, then see who the publisher is.

If there's a more elegant method, I'd appreciate knowing.

Jane

skazki@globalnet.co.uk