Re: The Art of the Book???

Mary Hathaway wrote:

> Does anyone know anything (pro or con) about a book named
> _The Art of the Book_?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Mary

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

I don't know if it's the same book, but I have two books entitled "The
Art of the Book".  They are both exhibition catalogs of works by the
Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild.  The first, published in
1988, celebrates their 5th Anniversary.  The second, actually entitled
"The Art of the Book '93", celebrates their 10th anniversary.  These
books have no author.  They are small, soft-cover books, 75 and 128
pages.  The earlier one is mostly black and white.  The later one,
mostly color.  Both are inspiring.

I can't remember what I paid for the first one.  The second one was
$20.00 US.  The were purchased from John Neal, Bookseller.
(800)369-9598.

Hope this helps.

Susan Strahl
Midland, Michigan