Carl Dair's "Design With Type"

Could I get some people's opinions about Carl Dair's book "Design With Type"?

When I was a total novice, this was practically the first thing I ever read
in any depth regarding typography, and I still find this well-illustrated
book to have been one of the most simple, straightforward and easy-to-read,
and yet still comprehensive, introductions to typography, although I have
seen some less-than-praiseworthy reviews of it. I find it interesting,
though, that whenever a request for introductory books on typography are
asked for and/or mentioned on any discussion lists, this one seems to never
come up.

Any comments?

Just curious, more than anything else.

Ron :)