Re: Sewn Pamphlets

Jennifer,

I did a similar project with friends a few years ago.  Something to keep in
mind, especially in light of Ed's mention of K. Smith bindings, is that the
cover material
needs to be durable enough to endure the kitchen!  I bound three copies of
our book
using the longstitch binding, they turned out beautifully and the sewing is
still perfectly
in tact. The covers however, have almost completely fallen apart due to
having inserted and
extracted so many recipes from the inside pockets over the years and
because the
cover material wasn't water, oil, butter, vanilla, flour resistant enough
to hold up to
so many culinary encounters. So consider lamination or some kind water
resistant support to
create a cover that will hold up to spilled milk.

Good Luck,

Pamela