Re: Craftsman Defined

James I didn't quite follow what you meant.  Is this like reverse
applque--that is the ground fabric shows through a design cut in the top
fabric?  Do you have trouble with loose threads or edges curling or glue
seeping out?  Does the double weight of book cloth cause the board to warp?

I have put a pattern on bookcloth with a simple block print sewing oil
based ink.  It came out very nice though it was a bit scary since I did
it after the book was constructed to make it easier to get in the right
place.

Welcome to the list.  It's nice to have new voices.

Joyce Jenkins
Petersburg Public Library
Alaska