Re: color photocopy transfer

Barbara,
  I've never done this myself, but I saw someone doing color copies on
iron-on paper years ago (she,too, was making a quilt). The copy shop had
the paper there and it was back when artists could go behind the counter
and work the machines ourselves. The paper may be available at one of the
office superstores.
  The kids did their words and imagery on the computer. The iron-on paper
was run through the printer, then ironed onto the fabric and sewed into
sections.
  I'd probably also put another sheet of paper inbetween the iron and
the iron-on paper and keep the iron set pretty low, as was recommended in
another post, but this material may not need such precautions. My guess is
that you'd peek at the corners, as with transfers, to assess how much
pressure and heat you need.
  Good luck. I'd like to hear about what you do.

Janet

          Janet Maher, Assistant Professor, Department of Fine Arts
          Loyola College in Maryland, 4501 North Charles Street
          Baltimore, Maryland  21210-2699        (410-617-5545)

                (web) http://www.qis.net/~jmar/index.balto.html
                (email)  jmar@qis.net

             "Rise up nimbly and go on your strange journey
              to the ocean of meanings."             --Rumi