Re: Craftsman & Artists

I wonder where you are getting your facts to speak so righteously about  American
binders and their pricing policies. You are misinformed and wrong in many of your
statements:
American binders and restorers are at the avant garde of the binding and
restoration business, paying more attention to furthering the longevity of the
objects in their care, with Europe and the UK following behind and slowly catching
up with our methods and ethics in the field of preservation.
I take offense at your assumption that most American binders are dreaming
amateurs, I claim to be a professional and I am certain that most binders in
practice today feel the same way. The only thing us binders are dreaming about is
a decent paying customer. And we get them.
Further more, your claim that bookbindings done in England and paid with american
dollars is cheaper than bookbindings done in the US, is nonsense, with the
exchange rate favouring the pound for so many years, believe me, you don't get
much for your buck!

--
Denis Gouey

Visit the Denis Gouey Bookbinding Studio at:
http://www.bookbinding.net

http://www.bookbinding.net/pagedetitre  (French)