Re: Koblenz

Actually yes. My grandmother lives there. It's mid sized town at the north
end of the beautiful part of the Rhein valley (hillsides dotted with
castles and vinyards) where the Mosel (another very picturesque
river) enters the Rhein. Worth a trip? I'd
say so. The town itself isn't too exciting, conservative (sidewalks folded
up at 6ish like most of Germany) but its location makes up for it. About
1.5 hours north of Frankfurt Airport, and about the same south of Cologne.
Those times by train. The triangle where the two rivers meet has a big
monument (used to be bigger, but they melted the Kaiser for cannonballs
during one of the wars.

Hope that helps.

Tell me about the conference. Maybe I'll have my Grandmother check it out
and send me any catalogs...

p.

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
315.443.9937 <wk> 315.443.9510 <fax>