Conservation Specifications

I'm trying to get a project restoring leather covered doors at a library.
Some have been painted over. The construction company involved has stripped
one with chemicals and put shoe polish on to cover the scars. They want to do
the rest this way.  I restored one with paste and Kucel G and japanese paper,
etc.   The Head Architect, who approved my work, wants a conservation job and
I have been asked to write up a specifications sheet.  Not "sequence of
operations" ---specifications of conservation.  "Reversable...etc."  So, what
are the etceras? Is there a standard length of time that the conservation be
expected to last? Can any one direct me to something in the  COOL directory or
give me an example?
Thanks
Cris Takacs
crisbobtak@aol.com