Re: Board Cutter

Dear Gretchen,

Please go to this web address for some good information.

http://laminationstation.com

this is the company I purchased from.  the rototrim comes in various sizes,
the smallest makes a 12 inch cut, and has a 12 inch squaring arm, and paper
cursor.  this is the model I purchased.  I shopped this companies price
extensively, and they are the absolute lowest...180.00 plus shipping.  It
took only two days via UPS ground for it to arrive in central NY.

What I like the most about this cutter is not only how accurate it is, but
the fact that the blade lasts for about 6 - 7 years, and a replacement is
about 60.00.  It is a rotary cutter that rides on two rails as opposed to
one...not a traditional guillotine that will cut through a huge stack of
papers...but I don't need to do that.  I have a really good paper cutter,
and I don't worry about having all perfectly even edges on my
signatures...adds to the handmade features of the book in my opinion...so I
use the rototrim just for boards.  It will cut paper as well...thin,
thick...up to 1/8 inch.

Lamination Station has an 800 number on their site...give them a call, and
ask for Spencer...he was very kind, and very helpful...not pushy in the
least.

Hope some of this info helps..oh...and a simple key word search with the
name Rototrim will give you a lot of info as well.

Have a great day!
Missy