[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Gvmt Printing Office & LOC Pub "Boxes for the Preservation of Books"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Gvmt Printing Office & LOC Pub "Boxes for the Preservation of Books"
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:51:01 -0800
- Message-Id: <199803311810.KAA16110@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
regarding the government publication "Boxes for the preservation of
books: their design and construction," published in 1994 by the
Library of Congress.
This (and every other government) document is not under copyright as it
belongs to the taxpayers of the U.S. It can be photocopied from an
existing copy. I have one that I copied into signatures and
Also, there are some big differences between the first and
second versions. I think this reflects changes in the LOC
procedures for constructing boxes which seems to be based on
production standards. As a conservator in private practice, I found
they'd revised a couple of my favorite procedures out of the new