Re: Gvmt Printing Office & LOC Pub "Boxes for the Preservation of Books"

regarding the government publication "Boxes for the preservation of
books: their design and construction," published in 1994 by the
Library of Congress.

This (and every other government) document is not under copyright as it
belongs to the taxpayers of the U.S.  It can be photocopied from an
existing copy.  I have one that I copied into signatures and
bound.

Also, there are some big differences between the first and
second versions.  I think this reflects changes in the LOC
procedures for constructing boxes which seems to be based on
production standards.  As a conservator in private practice, I found
they'd revised a couple of my favorite procedures out of the new
edition!

Artemis