[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: starchpaste
- From: "aurand, gudrun" <aurandg@WSU.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:17:23 -0500
- Message-Id: <199803312217.OAA16404@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
at some time i heard that the japanese used to cook their paste and
bury/keep it in a cool place for a long period until needed.
supposedly while stored the paste underwent a change to the effect that
when brought out to be used, it would not spoil anymore?
i have been unable to locate a source for this information. i would
Wahington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-5610